Outdoor Easter Egg Hunt

For our Easter Egg Hunt last year, we hid them outside even though it was a bit on the cold side. Our 5 year old grandson Mason didn't care. We hid them first and then he hid them as he loves to have us find them.

We colored them together and discussed each one that way he remembered more of them for the hunt. He would say "oh gramma I haven't found the one with the stars on it yet" as he looked through his basket.

We take lots of pictures and build lots of memories for his future this way along with having a total ball at the time.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

So cute. I can remember the fun I had as a kid hunting Easter eggs. I never won a prize for getting the most as I ate them as fast as I found them.

When I was reading your post, my mouth got to watering. I love candy Easter eggs.

This is the only time of the year you can buy candy Easter eggs. I ran across some of the old fashioned kind that are delicious. I stocked up on them and put them in the freezer. I want to make them last, plus I'm dieting so I allow myself to have one a week.

To eat it, it has to thaw, therefore, I have to wait for it. This allows me time to really think about it. Do I really need this Easter Egg? I decide that I do and enjoy every little bite of it.

I hadn't thought about them this week until I read your post. Out of sight. Out of mind. So true.

Thanks for sharing, Ann - your grandson sounds so sweet! You not only reminded me of my own childhood Easter egg hunts, you reminded me I have to get myself some Cadbury eggs ASAP!

I love what you do with your grand babies and this is such a cute photo! Thumbs up :-)

Decorated Easter Eggs in Grass
Easter Egg Hunt Ideas
Holidays and Parties Easter TraditionsMarch 23, 2010
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Scavenger Hunt Map
Scavenger Hunt Ideas
Scavenger Hunt for Gifts
Planning a Scavenger Hunt for Gifts
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye
🎉
🎄