Soap Scum In Washing Machine

What should I do/use to remove soap film build-up in a top loading washing machine?

By David from Menomonee Falls, WI

Best Answer

Hi i use vinigar and baking soda works wonders

Best Answer

CLR works great also with the soap scum, mineral build up and smelly washer smell.

Best Answer

Use the powdered HE (stands for high efficiency) detergent for front loaders. Mine did the same thing until I switched. I use Tide.

Our front load washer started stinking and that smell started going into our towels I think it was the soap scum that caused the smell. My sister gave me some cleaner called "Purewasher" that she bought. It only took one tablespoon to remove the scum and fungus. And another tablespoon to get rid of the mildew smell from our towels.

A tub full of hot water and CLR works great too and takes out hard water deposits.

The removal tips are great. I'd like to add as a prevention that you leave the top up/open after each load. I've been doing this for years and have never had a problem with soap scum.

I've tried all these methods and still was not satisfied, I could see the scum still down the middle of the agitator. Mine is a Fisher Parka and I was surprised how amazingly easy it was to pull the drum out. I removed all of 5 screws and I could pull the drum out easily. After 6 years mine was almost black on the outer tub. This explained the occasional black spots on whites. I put in the high pressure washer and blasted it all off. NOw I do that once a year and my clothes now never have any stains or spots from washing. if you cant do this yourself, get a rpair man around to do it for you. you wont regret it