Soap Scum In Washing Machine

What should I do/use to remove soap film build-up in a top loading washing machine?

By David from Menomonee Falls, WI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Hi i use vinigar and baking soda works wonders

CLR works great also with the soap scum, mineral build up and smelly washer smell.

Our front load washer started stinking and that smell started going into our towels I think it was the soap scum that caused the smell. My sister gave me some cleaner called "Purewasher" that she bought. It only took one tablespoon to remove the scum and fungus. And another tablespoon to get rid of the mildew smell from our towels.

A tub full of hot water and CLR works great too and takes out hard water deposits.

Use the powdered HE (stands for high efficiency) detergent for front loaders. Mine did the same thing until I switched. I use Tide.

The removal tips are great. I'd like to add as a prevention that you leave the top up/open after each load. I've been doing this for years and have never had a problem with soap scum.

Answer

Washing Machine
Cleaning Soap Scum Out of a Washing Machine
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesFebruary 8, 2011
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
cleaning a tub
Removing Soap Scum from a Plastic Tub
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Remove Soap Scum from Fiberglass
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 12, 2016 at 9:30:28 PM on 10.0.1.227 in 493 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.