Use Matches for Room Deodorizing

Strike 3 or 4 wooden kitchen matches. Make sure they are fully alight, then blow them out and wave the smoking match sticks around the room until they stop smoking. It removes (not covers up) all kinds of odors, from damp dog, to doggy 'accidents', to cooked Brussels sprouts without any perfume-y after scent.

Source: My late mother-in-law, who came of age during the depression.

By soup-lady from near Boston, MA

Yes, they do clear the air of bad smells. I keep a box on the top of my toilet tank. You'd be amazed how many people learned this trick from their Grandmothers. I think my guests appreciate it and saves them embarrassment if they have to go. Some will use the room spray but a lot of people will use the matches. I would love to find one of those tin, vintage, wall hanger, match holders to hang next to the commode. Not much way to hide a box of matches so people still can strike them. The little vintage hangers have a slit in the sides to expose the strike surface.

I was taught it's not the smoke that clears the air but the lighting of the match that does the job. Regular book matches work the same. We use this tip all the time, using only one match. Be sure to wet the match before disposing it.

Woman Deodorizing in Her Home
Deodorizing Your Home
Better Living Frugal Living TipsJanuary 25, 2010
Mason Jar Match Dispenser
Making a Mason Jar Match Dispenser
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Coffee Beans
Cleaning With Coffee
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
🎉
🎄