Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

I asked Jeeves how to remove tree sap from hands. I saw an idea using baby oil and baking soda. While I was going through my bathroom, I couldn't find any baby oil but I found my trusty bottle of Purell hand sanitizer. I put the usual amount on my hands and it seemed like magic, the tree sap simply vanished. I then washed my hands, and all is good in the land of evergreens!

By Brian from Camby, Indiana

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Hein10/14/2009

The hand sanitizer works great too.

RE: Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

So last night, my mom and I were putting up her tree. Well needless to say, I had to keep catching it when it fell. Wiith that, I kept getting tree sap on my hands. I washed my hands with Lava Soap and the sap came right off! Merry Christmas to all!

Casey

Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

To remove sap from your hands after handling firewood, pour a little milk on your hands and rub them together. The lactic acid in the milk will remove the sap and stickiness from your hands.

Shari (05/20/2005)

RE: Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

Avon Skin So Soft regular bath oil works great to get tree sap off skin. (06/04/2005)

By Michelle

RE: Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

If you use a cream moisturizing make-up remover, it removes tree sap from your skin almost instantly! Ive also heard that nail polish remover works on your skin. (08/26/2007)

By Rebecca

While cutting pine tree branches for Christmas decorations last year, my hands became covered in sap. We tried everything to get if off. My husband told me I would need gasoline. I decided to try a home remedy as I did not want to put gas on my hands. I mixed a hand full of baking soda with a small amount of baby oil to make a paste and rubbed it all over my hands. My hands were clean, soft and smelled good too! A few weeks later my husband used the same solution to clean window caulk off his hands. Try it, it really works!

By Dawn from Guilford, CT

RE: Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

Try a little butter or crisco (anything greasy), it's easy on the skin and the sap, tar, gum and etc. just roll right off. Then wash with soap and warm water. Works good when the kids get any of the above in their hair too! (12/03/2007)

By tejas

RE: Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

When working for a florist we used WD40, it works ! (12/03/2007)

By JODI

RE: Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

Where would we be without the internet! (02/04/2008)

By Sagar

RE: Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

Thanks SO much! The Baking powder solution worked GREAT! (07/18/2008)

By Lenore

RE: Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

We always used margarine and sugar. it works well on grease too, and not hard on the hands. (11/24/2008)

By correnna

RE: Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

Avon Skin-So-Soft Moisturizing Skincare also works extremely well, and quickly. I just rubbed it over my hands and then rinsed with lukewarm water. (12/04/2008)

By Marie

RE: Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

It really worked and I am so grateful! (12/06/2008)

By Debbie D.

RE: Remove Tree Sap from Your Hands

WD-40 or Goo Be Gone both work great! (12/07/2008)

By DJ