ClothingCleaning

Removing Urine From Clothing

How do you get urine out of clothing?

Debbie from Springfield, MO

Washing hasn't done it?

OdoBan. It can be purchased at Sam's or Wal-Mart. It states on the packaging that it's used in nursing homes, etc. It has a pleasant scent and it doesn't take much to do the job. Good luck!

Spray enough for a good soaking with apple cider vinegar. Let it dry then toss it in the wash. That should take care of it.

A little of amonia will do the trick! Just put in with the detergent when you wash it.

Depends on what kind of urine.

Human or dog: Washing with a little washing soda (found next to the borax in the soap aisle) with your soap would fix it up.

Stale human or dog: also add borax.

Cat:

Female: same as stale human or dog only let it soak about a half hour then wash.

Male Cat: I still don't know! OdoBan helps a lot, but I've never had it work completely on the male cat urine.

Good Luck!

I can't use it, but am told that pinesol added to the laundry, helps to remove the urine smell. Good luck.

I agree with the vinegar. It even worked to get it out of a carpet when our cat got mad. As a last resort I poured it full strngth however the carpet was already white. I don't know if it would bleach colors. I say that because I used it years ago on diapers to remove stains. Vinegar + shunshine are the best for stains!

:>) MrsD