Where Can I Sell Britannica Encyclopedias?

I would like to sell a set of 24 Britannica encyclopedias plus Britannica World Atlas. Any thoughts?

By Donna T from Indianapolis, IN

If craigslist.org is used in your area, that's a good place to start. if not you can list them on ebay.com, but be sure to calculate adequate shipping costs! also, local papers sometimes have free ad days or on bulletin boards of local schools. depending upon the age, you may have to donate.

I hate to tell you this but your chances of selling/and or giving these away is slim to none. No one wants encyclopedias in this digital age, it is a sad fact but nonetheless is true. I work at our local share shed, and we are constantly having to discard encyclopedias and atlases. Perhaps someone can come up with a craft for them (have seen them used as shelving, though haven't tried it). Good luck.

Encyclopedia Britannica Encyclopedias
Finding the Value of Encyclopedia Britannica Encyclopedias
Consumer Advice General AdviceMay 11, 2011
Stack of very old encyclopedias.
Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets
A woman taking a photo of a vase to post it on eBay.
eBay vs. Garage Sales
Stack of Books Lamp
Making a Book Stack Lamp
One volume of a Harver World encyclopedia.
Uses for Old Encyclopedias