Organization For Pack Rats

I know that this sounds simplistic but if you are a pack rat (and who isn't?), try to root through your things on a regular basis. I put away items into a "safe" place and then I cannot find them. I am in a store and I "think" I need pens when I have dozens of them, if I only knew where. I have been going through some of my things for spring cleaning and I found that I have three different packages of whiteout because I put each one in a different place for storage. This goes for food. And seasonal clothes. Do not buy new clothes before you take out the clothes that you have stored and really know what you need (or can fit into). I believed that, as a pack-rat, I was always prepared for an emergency, but the emergency was tieing up my money on things I did not need or already had.

By Heather from Boston, MA

Wow, you hit the nail on the head. Even when I am organized there are times I can't remember where I put something. It depends on where my mind was in the organizing of something. Now, I try to keep a list of where I have stored things. Maybe, in a box in the basement marked... or in the closet in the spare room. Yes, I have misplaced the list but now I keep in on the back side of my refrigerator.

Pack rat collection
Organizing Tips for a Pack Rat
Organizing StorageApril 20, 2007
Fragile Label on Cardboard Shipping Box
Shipping Breakables
Making a 6-Pack Ring Snowflake
Making a 6-Pack Ring Snowflake
A brown rat outside.
Dealing With Rats Outside Your House
Five Pigeons
Getting Rid of Pigeons