Getting Rid of Rats in the Garden

Category Rats
Rats are a common pest seen in gardens. They enjoy your flowers and produce as much as you do. This is a guide about getting rid of rats in the garden.

I'm having a problem with rats in my garden trimming my rose bushes to the point of leaving them leafless, also the fruit trees. I have found nests hidden and made of the stems and leaves of my plants outside a patio wall. How can I prevent them from trimming my potted plants, tomato plants, and trees. I've tried traps, nets, and Decon rat poison. I don't like using the poison because it affects other animals that may come in contact with the the dead animal. Any suggestions?

By puzzle from Valencia, CA

Answers

Best Answer

You need a cat or two, and that will take care of the problem. I live on 2.5 acres and have 5 cats, no mice, rats, or moles. Works great!

Try spraying a solution of alum on your plants as rats don't like the taste and makes their mouth draw or pucker without harming them. I use it on wood to keep them from chewing my boards that I have drying