Can I Clean Life Jackets in the Washing Machine?

We just got our boat in the water yesterday, and I noticed the life vests are really dirty. Can they be machine laundered?

Sandy

Best Answer

I also had the problem with ours staying down in the washing machine. Instead I ran mine through the dish washer on light cycle just like I would a load of dishes and air dryed them. They came out great.

There should be care instructions on them, the same as you find on clothing. The ones that I had could be laundered and hung to dry. The only problem with this is that they float so they don't want to stay down in the water in the washing machine.

Thanks! I never thought about running them through the dishwasher. I may take them to the laundromat and use one of the front loading machines. Hopefully they won't float in one of them. If that doesn't clean them I'll try the other way.

Cleaning Life Jackets
Cleaning Life Jackets
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousMay 28, 2008
yellow jackets in a house
Getting Rid of Yellow Jackets in Your House
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Washing Machine
Extending the Life of Your Washing Machine
kid wearing a jacket
Marking Jackets for School
🎄