Browsing: Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing

Removing Skunk Smell from Clothing

There is nothing worse than smelling like a skunk. To remove the smell, soak you clothing in baking soda and water or vinegar and water. Use a half cup of vinegar or baking soda for each gallon of water. Let soak for several hours before washing as you normally would.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Believe me I know how bad a skunk can smell!! to remove the stink from the body and from the clothes, EASY!!!! just plain old tomatoe juice, anykind, soak the clothing for about 1 hour, rub the juice on the part of the body that was sprayed and shower, Voila!!!! no stink, (old cowboy trick)

Just plain old Tomatoe juice rub into clothing and onto body where you were sprayed and shower, while you are showering let the clothing soak while you shower then throw them into the washer and bingo no more stink, (old cowboy trick) works every time

Yes, skunk is horrible. And lingers indefinately. Our dogs get sprayed routinely. I normally use tomato juice to bathe them. It definately works. Virtually anything tomato works. I've also used tomato sauce, V8, bloody mary mix, canned or jarred spaghetti sauce, and even tomoato paste. The paste is probably not a good idea for clothing, but does work great on animals (and probably human hair/skin too). It's actually better than juice, because it clings and you can let it sit for a while before rinsing.

Well i went to work today and found that all of my stuff REEKED of skunk. I'm wondering how i can get rid of the smells without ruining most of my clothes?

Phew, I know just how bad a skunk can smell. My house smelled like a giant skunk for the last few weeks. Everything inside REEKED of skunk! Ive smelt a skunk before and its not that bad, but when you put on your clothes and you feel like a skunk, its horrible! I might as well put a stripe down my back and just let out gallons of noxious perfume wherever i go. Skunks are a horrible smell. Does anybody know how bad reactions to large amounts of skunk can occur? Because my house smells horrible and ive been really dizzy lately, I'm wondering if passing out can occur because that would be a great thing to know. Thanks for the help.

Removing skunk smell from a dog is not just as easy as tomato juice, as we tried that last night when our friend's dog got sprayed. We coated him in it (just mainly his head as that's where he got sprayed) but 2 cans of tomato juice later, and his head still smells like a skunk.

The only thing that really works is a mixture of baking soda, peroxide and dishsoap, (pamolive, Dawn). the tomato juice can actually cause allergies of the skin for your pet. My German Shepherd used to get sprayed all the time and we always used tomato juice until she started itching and chewing off her fur, the vet said that usage of the acids can cause skin irritations. The peroxide mix at top works really good on clothes and doesn't ruin them, the baking soda actually helps get stains and other odors out of your clothes as well.

Hope this helps everyone. Enjoy the spring and summer.

A plastic basket of laundry.
Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryAugust 3, 2004
A skunk getting ready to spray.
Removing Skunk Smell from a Car
Skunk On white Background
Removing Skunk Odor From Carpet
Skunk in the Grass
Removing Skunk Smell from House
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:52:15 PM on 10.0.0.194 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.