Healthier Baby Food

When making homemade baby food, I use our own homegrown veggies. I then cook the veggies a little till soft and puree it in the blender. Then I portion out servings in ice cube trays. Freeze till solid and pop into freezer bags for later use. Then all I have to do is put out the portion I need for a couple of days in a container in the fridge. A lot less work and cheaper than buying baby food.

Source: Book "What to Expect the First Year".

By morbetomommy from Topeka, KS

September 1, 2009 Flag

If your baby still is still on strained baby food, instead of expensive store bought jars, just put fresh cooked or steamed veggies and fruit in your food processor. If you have leftover, you can also freeze it.

By Aeromama

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Dish of homemade carrot baby food. It is surrounded by fresh carrots and a ceramic bunny.
Making Your Own Baby Food
Parenting Baby NutritionSeptember 1, 2009
Freezing Baby Food. Jar of Baby Food with Spoon
Freezing Baby Food
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Homemade Baby Food Recipes
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 1:09:26 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.