Craft Ideas to Sell at Markets

By Jillian 1

I would love some craft ideas to sell at markets.

By Jillian from Sydney, Australia

Showing: Answers Sort

By Coreen Hart 78 376 Flag

I was at a craft fair last weekend. A friend of mine set up also. She sells gift baskets. They are baskets of many sizes. Each one contains a usable item such as coasters, a cute plate, or a figurine. They also have chocolate. All the items are color or theme coordinated. She does a lovely job, and even though this was not a big show, I think she must have done about $200. Hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Julia 147 1,074 Flag

Hi Jillian,

There are 500 (at least) great craft ideas in the Thrifty Fun site complete with pictures and instructions on most.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf71683423.tip.html

Happy Hunting...and Good Luck with your Sale.

Pookarina

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Suntydt 75 877 Flag

You need to think about what will sell in your area and how complicated a craft you want to get involved with.

For example, my daughter use to custom make origami for people. She used to set up a small table at craft shows displaying a few items of her craft and would take orders for things people wanted her to make. She had a couple books at hand to show people the kind of thing she would make for them as well.

Now, on the other hand, my grandmother used to make quilts. She made a number of colorful quilts in different sizes and then would display them at a show in the fall, just as it was getting cold. She had them well priced and would sell almost all of them. She would also take orders for different color quilts or special size quilts and make these over the next couple months for people. Some times the sale would fall through and she would just add these quilts to her next fall showing. But she made quilts all winter, spring, and summer and didn't start selling them till the fall.

Now she got a much larger amount of money for her quilts than my daughter did for her origami, but my daughter was young and just making extra money. She made A LOT of extra money with A LOT of paper figures. But in all I would say my grandma made more. But then it cost her more to make quilts.

Anyway, you get the idea. You have to decide what you are good at making and decide the best time to sell it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By jamie 17 Flag

My mom makes hairbows.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Crafts Selling CraftsMay 26, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Painted and decorated pumpkins and squash.
Decorating With Squash
A woman taking a photo of a vase to post it on eBay.
eBay vs. Garage Sales
Farm Fresh Eggs
Tips for Using Farm Fresh Eggs
sliced sweet potato
Recipes Using Yams (Sweet Potatoes)
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:30:13 PM on 10.0.2.213 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings