Using Dried Fruit Instead of Fresh or Frozen Berries

I have some dried fruit (blueberries and cranberries) that I would like to use in recipes that call for fresh or frozen berries. Would these work if I soaked them in hot water for a short time? If so, for how long?

Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

i always heard that you can rejuvenate dried fruits you can try and keep checking. i wouldnt do a large amount until youre sure its going to work tho. good luck and I hope it works

I have done that with raisins and 'craisins' and it works well.

I put the fruit in a heatproof bowl and add just enough boiling water to cover the fruit up. Let it sit to plump up for about 15 minutes. It should soak up most of the liquid. Drain the rest of the water if any...unless the recipe calls for water...then you could prob add it in if you want to.

Here is a link that is more fruit specific:

http://www.ency  1G1-4261216.html

Dried Fruit
Recipes Using Dried Fruit
Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsFebruary 8, 2008
strawberries and blueberries
Tips for Buying Fresh Fruit
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
Preventing Mold On Berries, Moldy Strawberry
Preventing Mold On Fresh Berries
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2017 at 7:09:54 PM on 10.0.1.13 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.