Laundry Shortcuts

I often don't have time to separate laundry. No, that's not quite true, I often don't care enough to separate laundry (LOL) and I have a feeling that I'm not alone in my 'sloth'. Actually, it works out well for me.

I try to wash the shirts and drip-dry things first, in a full load. If there's more room, I just continue to put, put, put until the washer is full. When they're done, I pop the shirts into the dryer and set the timer for 12 minutes. (HALF a Bounce sheet is plenty) While that's drying, I hang all the delicates and drip dry things. I invested in one of those laundry room standing things ($20.00) and it was twenty of the best dollars I've ever invested. The shirts will be a little damp when the timer goes off. I smooth them out, fold the collars down and hang them to finish drying. It's amazing how little ironing is necessary using this method.

This also means that when the second wash is done, I can put the towels, jeans and heavier things into the dryer, set the timer, and go to bed. I don't HAVE to be right there when the dryer beckons. The towels will wait patiently for me. If there's anything in the last load that's wrinkled, I dampen a washcloth and pop that, with the wrinkled items, back into the dryer for a few minutes. Abracadabra...wrinkles gone!

By Doggy from TX

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I hate to iron so have used the old damp wash cloth trick plenty of times LOL!

I drip dry many of our clothes. I use liquid softener which does a good job of getting the wrinkles out. Vinegar works well too as a softener.

Enjoyed the post and the tips!

WE ALWAYS HANG OUR SHIRTS TO DRY. IN THE SUMMER ON THE CLOTHES LINE AND IN THE WINTER ON HANGERS. PUTS A LITTLE MOISTURE IN THE AIR AND A GOOD SCENT FROM THE FABRIC SOFTENER &

CUTS DOWN ON DRYER USAGE

I NEVER sort and would someone please explain the concept of an iron to me? LOL

Comment

Laundry Tips and Tricks, Dirty Laundry in a White Basket
Laundry Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJanuary 11, 2007
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
A large family eating breakfast.
Parenting a Large Family
Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 21, 2016 at 11:06:29 AM on 10.0.2.96 in 648 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.