Keep Dogs Water in Walk-In Shower

Our two dogs were always splashing and dripping water from their water bowl that I kept in the kitchen. Not anymore! My husband, Patricio, has a walk-in shower and the dogs now know where their water bowl is. Plus, my husband now rinses the bowl out and fills it up as he finishes his morning shower. An added bonus here is that the husband doesn't even realize he has an extra job.

While we're on the topic of dogs, once a dog reaches a certain height the following really seems to help with burping, gas, and hiccups: provide a raised food bowl. I feed the dogs in our small kitchen and since the big six-month-old German Shepherd already needed a stand for his food bowl and I didn't want to take up space for yet another needed item I decided to place Big Al's food bowl on the seat of a kitchen chair. He eats and I put it back in a hidden place next to refrigerator. Since he eats like in thirty seconds this is a great set-up. Our other doggie is an old, cranky and beautiful Basset Hound with arthritis. Cuddles just lies down to eat, yet she can still easily walk into the shower for her water.

By Judy