Uses for Bread Heels

We use the ends of bread (heels/left over pieces) for bread pudding. We put the 'leftovers' back into a bread bag and refreeze them. After thawing them for the second time they are already a little 'dry' and perfect for bread pudding.

By CarrieLyne

You could make bread crumbs or croutons with them also. Butter the slices, season to taste with garlic powder or other spices. Place slices on cookie sheet in oven on 250 degrees. After toasting this way, crumble them up and store in zip top bags for use on salads, or in recipes.

I make bread sticks from ours when we have spaghetti. I butter the slice, sprinkle w/garlic powder, slice into strips and toast in the oven.

My husband loves bread pudding so I'll try this, too.

Bread Heel
Uses for Bread Heels and Crusts
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsMay 20, 2009
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
Sliced banana bread on a cutting board.
Freezing Banana Bread