Yummy Yogurt Cake

I made this cake just last week and iced it with a lemon cream cheese icing. It was absolutely, yummy!

• 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • Ad
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 cup plain yogurt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder; stir into the batter alternately with the yogurt. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown comes out clean.

I added a good handful of chopped walnuts.

Source: LauraLou

By Jodi from Aurora, CO

This recipe sounds like it would make a moist, light cake using the yogurt. I think I will bake this cake today. Thanks for sharing!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesJanuary 11, 2011
Mug of slighty lumpy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
Making Yogurt Without Milk
Making Yogurt Without Milk