Bissell SpotBot Reviews

Before buying a carpet spot cleaner, it is a good idea to do some research. This page contains Bissell SpotBot reviews.

June 26, 2009 Flag

Manufacturer: Bissell

I have 2 products by Bissell. The SpotBot and the Pro Heat carpet shampooer. I will never purchase another Bissell product again.

The SpotBot worked fine for a while, then started spewing water all over the place. I contacted Bissell and was unable to get the least bit of help from them. Not even the name of a service center to take it to.

The carpet shampooer did the same thing. But it only worked a couple of times before it messed up. And again, Bissell gave me no help whatsoever. I was able to find a good repairman, but the machine has had to go to the shop almost every time I use it. I will not have another Bissell product in my home ever again.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Wow! I've had my Spot Bot for at least years now and have had no problems with it. I have 2 young children and a house dog, so it gets more than it's fair share of use. I'm really surprised that you have had so much trouble.

I have a SpotBot also, and have had no problems with it. We have had ours approximately 2 1/2-3 years. We use it a lot also, with me, Hubby, 4 kids, and a cat. I use 1/3 Pine Sol (dollar store pine sol) to 2/3 warm water, and it takes the stains out of my carpet and does not fade the carpet's color. Actually the SpotBot works better for us than the full-size carpet cleaner we eventually ended up purchasing. I go over the whole carpet with the full size one, then go over the spots I need to with the SpotBot, it gets the tough stains out. I swear by 1/3 (dollar store) Pine Sol and 2/3 warm water. This concoction has done great wonders on my dining room carpet.

I'm sorry the SpotBot did not work for you! Did you try to exchange it where you bought it from? If you still have your receipt you should be able to *hopefully* get some satisfaction or leverage. Best Wishes!

I have found that using alcohol (denatured and/or rubbing) caused the tick to relax (drunken state of being) and was easier to remove without losing the head. I always have that in the house for cleaning earrings and using in ears after beach/pool time. Especially since the park rangers suggested it while camping.

June 26, 2009 Flag

Manufacture: Bissell

Product: SpotBot

Request: Has anyone tried Bissel's SpotBot?

Kim from Mineral, VA

Answers:

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

I had a bit of trouble with mine. It worked beautifully the first few times I used it, now there seems to be a clog in the spayer and I've done everything I can think of to remove it, but it still doesn't work. Another note: I was unable to find the refill cleaning solution for the Spot Bot, I had to order these online. (08/27/2006)

By

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

Wow! That doesn't sound good! Thanks for the info.. (08/28/2006)

By kimg23966

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

I have no personal experience with this machine but last night I was standing behind someone at customer service. A man was bringing one back to the store. He said he'd bought it that day and had used it. It didn't have near enough suction and he was very disappointed with it. Someone else nearby said that they had been disappointed by it also. (08/28/2006)

By jrslady

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

I have had my SpotBot for about 6 weeks now and can report that it does an excellent job of removing stains. However, the unit does have a tendency to "clog" so that the sprayer quits working. This happened soon after I got it. I took it to the authorized repair center, which repaired it for free and told me that it had a clogged filter. Used it after the repair, and it clogged again. This time, I figured out where the filter thing is and unclogged it myself and it works fine. I still like the product and the results, even though this constant unclogging of the filter is a hassle. By the way, I have two indoor large dogs, an indoor cat, and three kids. (09/08/2006)

By BB.

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

This item is GREAT! Well worth the money. Had a stain that I thought I got up with my Bissell Pro Heat, but natta. The Spotbot got it up.

Only bad thing about the unit is that it goes through a lot of cleaning solution, which can be very expensive. I am going to try the store brand solution, like Walmart brand. Much cheaper. That brand works just as well as the name brands. (04/10/2007)

By Heidi

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

With 3 cats, 2 dogs, kids and a busy life style I have not been able to live without my SpotBot. It was a Mother's day gift from my kids a year and a half a ago. My SpotBot is usually on stand by mode! Problem is, now that it is out of warranty I am having a problem with it. The brush isn't turning and there is a burning smell when turned on. Before I spend the price of a new one to have it checked, I wonder if anyone has had this issue? It is not listed as a problem in the Bissell trouble shooting guide. Thanks! (09/22/2007)

By docbeans1

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

What can I say... My worst purchase ever. If you would like to reach levels of frustration like you have never known before, or you would like to create a monstrous, expensive, time consuming mess to clean up - then go ahead - buy the Bissel SpotBot and good luck to you!

With the huge advertising injection of this machine recently - I was caught hook line and sinker and purchased it. What a mess. I will probably have to start out, spending more money having the carpet cleaned professionally and then possibly at a later stage have to have that area replaced.

I followed the instructions to the last letter, here are the results:

<il> Big round stains in each area I placed the SpotBot. Some lightened and overcleaned - some dark circles where the circular part of the machine was not able to reach.

<il>The SpotBot has pulled up the carpet pile in each circle.

<il>Each circle is now stiff to the touch and looks totally out of place compared to the rest of the room. I then contacted Bissel directly. 1-800-237-7691. These are the results of the conversation:

1. I was to return my two day old machine to them directly. There would be NO refund for testing. If I did not absorb the cost and return the machine to them, they would not process any claim or help me any further.

<il>They could not tell me how long the process would take, but anything up to 12 weeks.

<il>They would NOT pay for professional cleaners to come in to repair the damage.

<il>They wanted me to go and purchase the larger Bissel carpet cleaner and reclean the area. (At my own cost)

<il>I was told that it was NORMAL for the machine to leave the circles.

<il>I was informed that it was NORMAL for the Spot Bot to overclean an area.

<il>I was informed that it was NORMAL for the machine to leave circles.

Bottom line? Well, I was told that the mess was normal! And that this is the way the machine works!
(12/17/2007)

By Ray

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

The customer service was awful. I bought one at Target, and it did not spray. They had me fiddle with it for over an hour. One thing they told me to do is pump the trigger for 10 minutes. Finally I returned it to Target where I bought it. I got another one and had the exact same problem. It's unreal. Do they even test these before they leave the factory? I will never buy a product from this company again. They wanted me to mail the machine to them and they will return to me a new one in 14 days. Hello no! I just bought this a couple hours ago. My other option was to drive 1 hour to a repair center. LOL! This company is nuts. I would caution you about how crappy this company is. (12/26/2007)

By Noah

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

I bought my wife a Spotbot and she loved it. It worked very well. It made spot cleaning a breeze. Then it started making a grinding/buzzing sound and stopped cleaning. Of course it's now out of warranty. This was just over one year after I bought it. (02/03/2008)

By eRepair

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

I bought the SpotBot after my parents raved about it. They'd dog-sit their neighbor's three big dogs that had "anxiety" issues when their owners went away. They said the thing worked miracles. Not the same experience for me. The bot seemed to spread our dogs urine stains into a nice round circle. After drying the next day multiple locations looked the same or even worse. I'm returning it today. (03/29/2008)

By George

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

Don't buy, you will return it and waste a day cleaning one spot. (05/04/2008)

By

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

I bought one after hearing rave reviews about it from people I know. My personal experience is that it's an easy solution for cleaning up things like pet stains on old carpet, but it wouldn't do a good enough job to satisfy me with a carpet that I really valued.

The biggest problem with the Spotbot, however, is that it's poorly designed and will break around the time the warranty expires. This was my experience, and from looking for solutions on the internet on how to fix it, the experience of many others, as well. It should also be noted that there is no easy fix for this problem (gears slipping) and I've yet to see a post where anyone was able to get it fixed at a service center, either.

After mine quit working, I threw it away and vowed to never buy another Bissell product again, because my first experience with Bissell was far less then stellar. (06/03/2008)

By Robert

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

It leaks while just sitting. Very Noisy. Leaves very wet spot after cleaning. Requires a lot of effort changing fluids often. I don't have pets so it is not worth it to me. I can't wait until the sun comes up tomorrow to return it.

(12/29/2008)

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

My friend just got one of these for her badly stained white carpets and it was amazing! She loves it, and I will get one myself. Those carpets are spotless. . . and the stains were BAD! (01/12/2009)

By Elaine

Bissell SpotBot Reviews

We have a spot bot and it's amazing. We have 2 dogs and a 2 year old son. One of the dogs is 2 months and not potty trained. The spot bot is a life saver! I do refill it often but it's because I have a lot of pee stains to clean from the puppy. The extra money for the automatic cleaning is SOOO worth every penny. (04/03/2009)

By lorettaChavez

Consumer Advice Product Reviews House and Home Carpet CleanersAugust 23, 2012
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Ninja Blender
Ninja Blender Reviews
Carpet Shampooer
Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working
🎉
🎄