Bissell SpotBot Reviews

Manufacturer: Bissell

I have 2 products by Bissell. The SpotBot and the Pro Heat carpet shampooer. I will never purchase another Bissell product again.

The SpotBot worked fine for a while, then started spewing water all over the place. I contacted Bissell and was unable to get the least bit of help from them. Not even the name of a service center to take it to.

The carpet shampooer did the same thing. But it only worked a couple of times before it messed up. And again, Bissell gave me no help whatsoever. I was able to find a good repairman, but the machine has had to go to the shop almost every time I use it. I will not have another Bissell product in my home ever again.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Wow! I've had my Spot Bot for at least years now and have had no problems with it. I have 2 young children and a house dog, so it gets more than it's fair share of use. I'm really surprised that you have had so much trouble.

I have a SpotBot also, and have had no problems with it. We have had ours approximately 2 1/2-3 years. We use it a lot also, with me, Hubby, 4 kids, and a cat. I use 1/3 Pine Sol (dollar store pine sol) to 2/3 warm water, and it takes the stains out of my carpet and does not fade the carpet's color. Actually the SpotBot works better for us than the full-size carpet cleaner we eventually ended up purchasing. I go over the whole carpet with the full size one, then go over the spots I need to with the SpotBot, it gets the tough stains out. I swear by 1/3 (dollar store) Pine Sol and 2/3 warm water. This concoction has done great wonders on my dining room carpet.

I'm sorry the SpotBot did not work for you! Did you try to exchange it where you bought it from? If you still have your receipt you should be able to *hopefully* get some satisfaction or leverage. Best Wishes!

I have found that using alcohol (denatured and/or rubbing) caused the tick to relax (drunken state of being) and was easier to remove without losing the head. I always have that in the house for cleaning earrings and using in ears after beach/pool time. Especially since the park rangers suggested it while camping.