Aloe Vera Juice

I have aloe vera plants outside and I'm looking for a recipe for aloe vera juice. Anybody got one?

Greg

Hey, I just got this from another website. Thought you'd like it!

· Cut off 8-10cm from a leaf, then slice the cutting lengthwise.

· Scoop out the gel found in the centre, taking great care not to pick up any of the yellowish layer next to the outer skin which is bitter and has powerful laxative effects.

· Whisk one to 2 teaspoons of the fresh gel into 1 cup of fresh cold water or vegetable juice and take daily or several times a week for intestinal health.

I have just come from my health food shop where they sell aloe vera leaves and plants for making the juice. I have lots in my garden so want to use them.

The advice is to take a 8-10 cm leaf and let the brown juice drip out of it for 3 days (this is the laxative part that causes diarrhea). Next slit it in half and keeping away from the leaf scoop out the gel. Mix the gel with lemon juice and whisk in a food processor. Then drink or store as ice cubes for use later.

I haven't drunk it yet as I am waiting for the 3 days to be up. Will keep everyone posted. Meanwhile I looked at other sites and it seems the brown liquid or aloin from the aloe leaf must be removed, as it has extreme laxative effects.

Jar of Aloe Very Juice surrounded by chopped aloe plant leaves and a wooden spoon holding the gel from the inside of the plant
Homemade Aloe Vera Juice
Health & Beauty NutritionJuly 30, 2004
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
An aloe plant in a pot.
Growing Aloe
Woman Using Aloe Vera
Uses for Aloe Vera
green and purple Vera Bradley purse
Cleaning a Vera Bradley Bag
🎄