Planting A Tree In A Small Area

When planting a tree in a limited area, I use a piece of PVC, the plastic tubing for water pipes. I put it in the ground where the small tree is to be planted and hammer in the ground, leaving at least 1 inch out on top. I put what I am planting in it, fill it with dirt and cover the hole. This limits the roots so they can't expand too far out. It doesn't kill the tree but it grows small and manageable.

By Luz from Guayanilla, Puerto Rico

What size piece of pvc did you use?

Sorry I took so long to answer this but i use a 4 inch round PVC and I cut it about 1 foot long, this is then hammered into the ground and filled with the tree, of course if the tree is still small and doesn't have lots of roots you have to fill the pipe with dirt leaving 3 inches to put the tree in.

Planting Trees
Planting Trees
Home and Garden Gardening TreesApril 22, 2010
Closeup of hen and chicks.
Choosing the Right Groundcover
Growing a Crepe Myrtle Tree
Growing a Crepe Myrtle Tree
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
🎉
🎄