Puree and Freeze Excess Vegetables

If you have an excess of carrots, or some that are wilting, cut them in slices and boil until tender. Then puree them in your blender, using a bit of the water. Freeze the puree in ice cube trays and use it as baby food, or as a substitute for pumpkin in muffins, etc. I also use it in yeast doughs, substituting half of the liquid for carrot puree. Gives the dough a nice yellow color but doesn't change the taste.

By preserver from Winnipeg MB

August 27, 2009 Flag

Too many summer veggies? Puree them for use in colder months. I have been using my food processor and will puree or liquefy any veggies I do not use and freeze. No cooking. Just put in a freezer bag. I add these to pastas, casseroles and soups...or any dish I want to add a little flavor to. They can also be used as a vegetable drink.

By Wanda from Climax, NC

Puree and Freeze Bonus Summer Veggies

And remember to handle with clean hands AND CLEAN ALL VEGGIES WELL FIRST, then peel PRIOR TO CHOPPING/FREEZING. God Bless you. : ) (07/18/2008)

By Lynda

Puree and Freeze Bonus Summer Veggies

Peel, then puree any extra zucchini. Pour into ice cube trays, freeze, then remove into ziplock bags. When baking, take out the amount of cubes needed to replace water or milk in the recipe, and defrost. The zucchini-milk will add nutrients and flavor to your recipes. (07/20/2008)

By susanmajp

Using Leftover Vegetables, Freezing Green BeansPhoto of green beans with frost on them.
Using Leftover Vegetables
Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesAugust 27, 2009
Craft Supplies
Selling Excess Craft Supplies
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Ninja Master Prep
Using a Ninja Master Prep
Storing Pineapples, Canning Pineapples. Sliced fresh mini pineapple.
Freezing Pineapple