Fur on Winter Coat No Longer Fluffy

My son has a eskimo coat with fur trim around the hood. He got it wet and the fur is not fluffy anymore and he will not wear it. It is a new coat perfectly good condition but I can't get the fur fluffy. How can I fluff the fur out again. kate

Buy a cat Slicker brush(very fine wire brush sold in pet dept.)

Wet the fur and dry with a hair dryer while brushing with the slicker brush. It should come out like new.

thanks for your help.it is greatly appreciated

Thanks this didn't get it back exactly, but it help a lot.

Hi, I have a number of jackets that have coyote fur ruffs, so when they get wet I hang the jacket on the line with wet fur hood hanging down and not in direct sunlight, the fur will recover as new. Don't place jacket on hanger or over chair, this will more likely flatten or damage the fur. If the fur hood is free from any thing it will dry okay.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceDecember 17, 2004
Cleaning Mink Fur
Cleaning Mink Fur
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Faux Fur
Fixing Matted Faux Fur
Fur Coat
Repairing Fur Coats