Biting Invisible Bugs

I recently moved into these apartments, after a week something start biting on me, just me. My son lives with me and he says he is not affected by this. I can't see them. They came out and sprayed, but they are still there. What can I do? I am scared to go home. I can't go to sleep at night because they attack me all night long. I move around the house and they are there. I feel that something is in my shoes and can feel the crawling. I think I might have something in my bed, maybe a bug.

By Charlotte P.

Do you have bite-marks or welts? If so, I would check for bedbugs. If not, do you open your windows? You might have the tiny gnats that a lot of people call no-see-ums. You might need a smaller-mesh screen, or keep the windows closed. You could try using a bug spray at night (on yourself) and see if it helps. It is not a long-term solution, but would at least help you figure it out.

You might also have some sort of allergy? If you continue to be bothered, but have no bite marks, you might see your doctor. Good luck.

One more idea to think about, could it be cat fleas, they will bite humans, they like females best, and there eggs can lie dormant for up to two years and hatch when conditions are right. The only thing I've found that will help to get rid of them is those room foggers for bugs, but you have to keep doing it.

If it is no-see-ums, rather than use a spray, hang a sticky fly tape within inches of a very low watt bulb, turned on for the night. The bugs will head for the light and get stuck on the tape.

The thing that comes to mind to me also are fleas. We moved into an apartment that had been vacant for 2 years and my husband started getting bitten constantly. I was not bothered. It turned out to be fleas. The eggs were dormant all that time.

The way we figured it out, or rather the severity of the infestation, was by having him wear white socks and walking around on the carpet. Sure enough, they were many visible on the socks. Fleas are visible if you are looking for them. We had to use the foggers to get rid of them.

Identifying Tiny Biting Insect
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsAugust 1, 2011
Bug Bites
Getting Rid of Invisible Biting Bugs
Itching from a bug bite.
Identifying Little Black Biting Bugs
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Identifying Little Biting Bugs
Identifying Little Biting Bugs