Cleaning a Grill Cooktop

I would like to know how to remove baked on grease from my new stove's grill cooktop. After using it just once I cannot get the yellowish brown stuck on grease off. Help!

Carol from Paducah, KY

The best advice for cleaning oven racks, grill racks, gas range burner grills, etc., is to pour amonia into a garbage bag w/the items you wish to clean in the bag; tie it off and let it sit overnight if possible (in the tub or outside). The next morning just wash w/soap and water. They will wipe clean.

I used this method when cleaning my brother's stove (whole apartment!) so he could get his security deposit back...he had never cleaned the oven.

If the gril can be removed and fits into your sink, place it hot water and throw one or two dryer sheets in with it. Let it sit overnight and it should rinse clean with minor scrubbing the next morning. If it won't fit into your sink, place it in a large heavy duty plastic bag with the dryer sheets. This also works wonders for baking pans with baked on food. Be careful using ammonia with any aluminum pans, by the way.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesFebruary 27, 2007
Cleaning a Smooth Cooktop Range
Cleaning Melted Plastic From a Smooth Cooktop Range
Cover for an Outdoor Grill
Making a Cover for an Outdoor Grill
George Foreman Grill
Cleaning a George Foreman Grill
Brush cleaning charcoal grill
Cleaning a Charcoal BBQ Grill
🎄