Mexican Garden Salad
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 oz.) thick and chunky salsa, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 heads iceberg lettuce, torn
- 3 cups broccoli florets (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 lg. tomato, chopped
- 1 can (4 ozs.) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ozs.) sour cream
- tortilla chips, optional.
In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Add 1 cup salsa, water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes; cool.
In a 3 - 4 qt. glass bowl, layer vegetables in order given. Top with chilies, beef mixture and cheese. Combine sour cream and remaining salsa; serve with salad and tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 22, 2017 at 10:31:35 AM on 10.0.0.40 in 768 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us