Cake You Can Cook In A Jar

I saw somewhere, perhaps on your site, a receipe for cake or maybe bread, that you actually bake in a jar. I would appreciate any information anyone could give. I thought these would be neat Christmas girft that were economical as well as fun.

Linda from Iowa

I've baked cakes in jars for Christmas baskets and they got raves from everyone. Here is a site that I enjoy.

Bake in wide mouth pint Mason jars

All you need to do is take your favorite recipe,

Zucchini bread, applesauce raisins, spice cake, friendship breads, and carrot cake. You can even use box mixes.

All you need to do is make your recipe.

Oil and flour your wide mouth Mason jars,

Fill the jar 2/3 full,

Baking time is according to the recipe, the trick here is the second you take it out of the oven put on the dome & ban, let cool completely (on occasion I have had to trim a tasty sliver of the top to get the dome on)

They are equal to 2-cupcakes,

Figure out how many jars you will need to use for a cup cake the recipe.

I have had them last almost a year in the cupboard.

If I need frosting, I have the individual packages of cream cheese, powdered sugar and a couple drops of lemon juice.

I just went to collect more jars out of my cupboards and discovered 4 jars of cake, I made them in1988 and to my amazement the cake was still moist and even tasted good and no I did not eat them, they went to the chickens.

Holidays and Parties Gifts FoodDecember 13, 2004
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
beaded lid
Crafts Using Jar Lids