Housetraining a Cockapoo

I have an 8 month old cockapoo and she is driving me nuts. I think she might have bladder problems or something. I take her outside to go pee and poop but she does not go and I wait out there for 10 minutes. Then we go inside and about 15 minutes she goes pee on the rug or poop. I scold her only if I see her do it or she just finishes. I always know when she did it because she always goes running into her crate as soon as she does. She knows it is bad but I just don't get it.

I might have some ideas of why she might be having these problems. I have a male in my house, too. She might have bladder problems. She was just spayed 2 months ago and her stitches are gone. Do all female cockapoos just have problems?

Melissa from Huntingtown, MD

Hi Melissa, I sure do envy you having a cockapoo. We use to have one but someone stole her. We had trouble potty traing her too. One day when she was 4 months old she did it on the carpet and my husband threw her out the door. She was on a chain. We left her out all day. I bet when we brought her in she never did it again in the house. We had her for 10 years. We still miss her and that was 14 years ago that someone stole her. It may seem kind of cruel, but it did work. Good luck and enjoy her! JoJo

I have a cockapoo as well. She is the sweetest thing ever but I am ready to lose my mind with this peeing thing. There is not one day that goes by that I do not have to clean up pee!! I come home from work and she will have pee in her crate - even being in it for only 4 hours! She is almost a year old and just recently went pee on my bed! Not to mention my couch as well. I love her but can't stand this. I had a vet check her to make sure everything is ok. Everything came back fine. The vet said it could be a behavioral problem.

I too have a Cockapoo. And we had trouble housbreaking him as well. I agree with your vet Melissa. We tried EVERYTHING! We had a trainer come to the house to work with training "US" on how to train the dog, because the dog had also started getting a little snippy ... the bathroom habits also stopped. It's a control thing on the dog's part. They need to learn to respect their people. Just simple commands such as sit, stay, come, down ... leash training, heal, etc. ... these work WONDERS ... and MUST be enforced regularly.

OH GOOD I'M NOT ALONE!!! man i thought i was a bad owner cuz no matter what i'm doing, my 8-month old cockapoo maltese is resisting every step of the way. we've put down puppy pads, but that's just because Ralph (our cockapoo maltese) has trained US in letting US know he only goes in a certain spot. he's trained US to put the pads where HE chooses to go.

preferably, obviously, i want him to go outside, but living in a complex with an open yard plan and tons of kids running around everywhere, his attention sadly is not where it should be the second we open the door to try and take him out. no fenced in yard, he's forced to be an indoor dog (until we move). i'm pulling my hair out going nuts.

We plan to move within the year to a place with a fenced-in yard, so he'll become an outdoor dog, but in the meantime..... aaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!

I just got my cockapoo and she has a tinkle problem as well. I have two puppy pads laid out, one in the bathroom and one in the dinning area. My husband and I live in a 3 bedroom apartment and her tinkle problem is driving us crazy. At first when we got her(2 weeks ago) she didn't want to go outside, we had to pick her up and take her out, she tinkles and poops outside but also in the house. We do have a crate and would rather not use one due to not enough space, the only time she does use the bathroom is at night. My husband and I work at the apartment complex we live at so it's easy for us to run home and let her out, she doesn't like going outside for anyone but me. My husband or our kids will say "outside" and she runs to the couch. I say it, she runs for the door. Do we need to take turns on this? What do I do about the excited tinkles she does it all time.

I have a 2 and a half month old male cockapoo and I bought him almost 3 weeks ago. It was hard to train him not to pee or poop in the house. I tried using newspapers indoors first and he successfully peed and pooped on them for a short period of time but then started avoiding them and going to the bathroom on the carpet again. I scolded him everytime I catch him peeing. I think he understood that peeing inside was not okay so now he pees only outdoors. But the poop is still a problem. Whenever I come home, I see poop all over my carpet and I bring him over and rub his nose close to where the poop is and scold him. Hopefully that works....we'll see.

I have a cockapoo and she was very easy to train. We got her when she was 9 weeks. We used the puppy pads for about 2 weeks and they took her off them. I'm guessing after a month of having her she was pretty much fully trained. She hasn't had an accident it months. Just keep working with them & they will figure it out. : )

I also have the same problem the second day my dad brought me my cockapoo coco he went outside and he both pooped and peed but I didn't have any dog treats so I just said "good boy" "well done" and rubbed his tummy but now we take him outside for bout 40-60 minutes and nothing to we take him inside and he pees beside his pee pad but at least that was the first accident. He almost pooped on the floor so I quickly picked him up and he pooped on the pad.

Housetraining a Dog
House Training a Dog
Pets Dogs House TrainingJune 29, 2006
Guide
Cute dog sitting next to poop
Training a Dog to Not Poop Inside
🎄