Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Pink Stains on White Trim of Shirt

I have two shirts that have white trim. Something red faded onto them in the washer? Anyway to get the pink out?

Kim from Arkansas

By

By .colm (Guest Post)12/21/2008

I washed my pink shirt with a black, how can I get the black color out of my pink shirt.

By donna (Guest Post)02/06/2008

Rit sells a product that will take all the color out of material, look at the grocery store for this product. Good luck.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Pink Stains on White Collar and Cuffs

I have a black knitted shirt with a white collar and white cuffs. My maid washed it recently and for some reason pink stains appeared on the white accents of my shirt. What kind of stain remover can I use that will take out the stains on the white collar/cuffs without affecting the black color of the rest of the shirt. Can anybody help me out? The shirt is pretty expensive and I would hate throwing it away. Marilou Pineda

RE: Pink Stains on White Collar and Cuffs

There is a product in the fabric dye/laundry detergent aisle at WalMart. It's called Dye Magnet and will take the stains out of your blouse. You might also try soaking in color safe bleach. Good Luck! (06/13/2004)

By Lee-Ann

Try: collarreplacement.com (03/24/2007)

By Mike Gutierrez

Archive: Pink Stains on White Collar

I washed a striped shirt with a white collar with red jeans. Now my collar is pink. How can I get it back to white without ruining the other colors in the shirt? Peggy from Olathe, KS

RE: Pink Stains on White Collar

In the laundry isle, there is a product called Color Catchers. They come in sheets. Use them next time you mix colors and they will catch the dye so it doesn't transfer. Sorry, I don't know how to fix what is already done. (01/28/2008)

By