Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning a Sheepskin Rug

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Cleaning a Sheepskin Rug

A sheepskin rug will eventually require deep cleaning. This guide is about cleaning a sheepskin rug.

Here are questions related to Cleaning a Sheepskin Rug.

Question: Cleaning a Sheepskin Rug

It has no specific stains on and is only a year old but it is looking kinda grey and I'm wondering how I am supposed to clean it without damaging it, it's nice and woolly and curly in places so I can't scrub at it. I am amazed at how resourceful and clever you people are, I'm sure someone will know what to do!

Many thanks for reading this and for any help you can give.

Cate from UK.

Best Answers

By Brenda Chavis08/28/2005

Try mixing 1 cup of (20 Mule team or pure) Borax with 1 cup of lemon juice, and 1 gallon of water. Spray the rug with this, and wait 2 hours. Hang, and rinse with the hose. Let dry in the sun, and fingerfluff the fibers. If you can wash it in a machine, add the lemon juice and borax to the wash cycle, along with 1 cup of baking soda.

Best Answers

By Carie Novitzke [1]08/28/2005

I used sheepskin rugs with my son as a baby and still have them as rugs! You didn't say what the backing is, so my post is for sheepskins that have skin backing. Guess what, you can wash them in the wash machine! Wash on cold with Woolite. Hang to dry, I just hang over a chair, don't put them in the sun or they will shrink. Once dry, you can put them in the dryer on "fluff" no heat, fingerfluff, or comb them with a pet brush, you can get these really cheap at Walmart. If you have a really big rug, a laundromat has a big machine, again wash on cold setting only. My rugs have lasted about 4 years or so with repeated washings and children. Without kids, they last longer!

Solutions: Cleaning a Sheepskin Rug

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!