Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Freezing Overripe Bananas

If you are not ready to use them now, you can freeze overripe bananas for use later in baking. This is a guide about freezing overripe bananas.

Freezing Mashed Bananas

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Here is the perfect thing to do with bananas that ripen too soon. Mash them up and freeze them for a future batch of banana bread or pancakes, or just to add to a morning smoothie.

adding lemon juice

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 7

Those browning bananas on your counter don't need to get thrown away, even if you aren't ready to use them right now. Freezing them is a great way to use them later in banana bread or any recipe that uses mashed banana.

Do you sometime buy too many bananas? When the outside peel turns dark, don't throw them away. Take off the peel, put in zip lock bags, and freeze until you get ready to bake something. Use them in banana bread or any kind of baking that calls for mashed bananas. I bake with all my left over bananas. This was taught to me by my mother.

By Queen BEE from TN

Good saving tip for bananas.

I use to throw over ripe bananas in the freezer to be used in the future for baking. Now I put the peeled bananas in a covered baking dish and cook them for 4 to 5 minutes in the microwave. The pulp will separate from the water.

What a treat! I found very ripe bananas for $1/5 pounds. Very few were soft, so I took a chance. I also bought some chocolate shell, because I remember frozen chocolate covered bananas from my days of working at Knott's Berry Farm.

In These Guides
A banana on ice.
Freezing Bananas
overripe bananas
Using Overripe Bananas
Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesApril 30, 2013
mashed banana in baggie
Freezing Mashed Bananas
Dried Bananas
Drying Bananas
Dates
Banana Date Bar Recipes
Banana Cookie
Banana Cookie Recipes
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 22, 2017 at 10:36:59 AM on 10.0.1.7 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.