Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Freezing Overripe Bananas

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
mashed bananas in baggie

If you are not ready to use them now, you can freeze overripe bananas for use later in baking. This is a guide about freezing overripe bananas.

Solutions: Freezing Overripe Bananas

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Buy and Freeze Overripe Bananas

Do you sometime buy too many bananas? When the outside peel turns dark, don't throw them away. Take off the peel, put in zip lock bags, and freeze until you get ready to bake something. Use them in banana bread or any kind of baking that calls for mashed bananas. I bake with all my left over bananas. This was taught to me by my mother.

By Queen BEE from TN

Tip: Cook Overripe Bananas Before Freezing

I use to throw over ripe bananas in the freezer to be used in the future for baking. Now I put the peeled bananas in a covered baking dish and cook them for 4 to 5 minutes in the microwave. The pulp will separate from the water. Transfer the banana pulp and liquid to a sauce pan and slowly cook on low heat, careful to not burn. The liquid will turn into a thick sweet liquid. Cool the bananas mixture and measure out into one cup measurements and freeze for later use.

Note: 1 cup cooked bananas equal 2 uncooked bananas.

The results will be a more flavorful banana recipe.

By Elaine from Monmouth Junction, NJ

Tip: Freezing Mashed Bananas

mashed banana in baggie

Those browning bananas on your counter don't need to get thrown away, even if you aren't ready to use them right now. Freezing them is a great way to use them later in banana bread or any recipe that uses mashed banana.

• overripe bananas
  • lemon juice
  • freezer bag

1. Peel the bananas and put them in a bowl. Using a fork, mash them up to the desired consistency.mashing banana with fork
  2. Add 1 tsp. of lemon juice per 1 cup of mashed banana. This will help keep them from turning brown.adding lemon juice
  3. Place them into a freezer bag and don't forget to label them with the date. NOTE: Mashed banana is good for 3-4 months, if stored properly in the freezer.putting in baggie

By

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!