Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

What are some alternative uses for Bounce fabric sheets?

By S. Richard from Church Point, LA

Bounce dryer sheets keep pests such as mice away, I use them around the camp site, this also works for ants. They also repel mosquitoes (just stick a sheet through a belt loop). Stick the sheets into your drawers or closets to keep things from smelling musty. You can use them to dust, as they are anti static they keep dust from resettling. If you are into hand sewing take the needle after you have threaded it and push it through a sheet of Bounce, it will keep the thread from tangling after stitches. :)

If you do machine appliqueing while sewing, it makes a good fabric underneath your work to keep it from puckering.

Tuck a dryer sheet into your pants belt loop in the summer and mosquitoes will leave you alone.

Here in Louisiana the Bounce sheets do not keep away mice or rats. They just go around it. If you have a cooking pot you can put a sheet covering the bottom after it is clean and rats, mice and roaches will not go in it. I did this at my camp by saltwater and my house in town.

You do have to change the sheets every couple months. I have friends with barns and they have tried every brand dryer sheet they could get their hands on and the critters just go around them. I put five tennis balls and 3 sheets of bounce with every load in my dryer and it is great. I do use the sheets for about five dryer loads and then I line all the bathroom trashcans with them. j

Reusing Dryer Sheets, Cute snowmen made out of reused dryer sheets.
Reusing Dryer Sheets
Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 20, 2010
foil ball
Alternatives To Dryer Sheets
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Box of Bounce dryer sheets.
Alternate Uses for Dryer Sheets
🎉
🎄