Linens and BlanketsCleaning

New Cotton Thermal Blanket Is Shedding

I recently purchased a queen/king size 100% cotton thermal blanket from Wal-mart. It is heavyweight and the price was reasonable -- under $20.00. The problem I am having is that it is shedding terribly. I have washed and dried it in the dryer two times, and have had it in the dryer on air fluff to try to get rid of the shedding. I have shaken it outside -- seems like I have tried everything I could do to solve this problem. In the past, I have purchased similar blankets and never have had a problem like this. I really do like the blanket and would prefer to keep it, except for this problem. Before I return it, I was hoping someone could offer some solution or is it hopeless as I think it is?

Thank you,
Mike from PA

I had a similar problem BUT took our to the cleaners. They charged me $10 but to me it was well worth it as the problem was taken care of by them and saved me in the long run...(head ache, washing machine power, water, laundry soap, softner, electricity to run our dryer etc.).

I had to ask myself was I worth the money that it cost and of course I decided yes I was!

Try it & good luck to you!

try washing it with really hot water and about a quart of white vinegar. expect some shrinkage. usually not more than an inch or so in each direction. i also hang blankets out on the line. sometimes the dryer is the culprit when it comes to shedding. good luck