Add Safety Glow Tape to Your Lampshade

Peel off backing from safety glow tape and decorate a lamp shade with it. Mine has a simple design. As it charges in the day, it is then ready for night, acting like a nightlight for free!

Look around the room and see where else you can use the glow tape for a little comfort light at night. I have it on the inside of several door casings in my home and normally don't have to switch on lights to pass through dark rooms!

Invest in some quality glow paint and, for a little cash, teenagers could offer to paint the shades (or other items) or do a decoration on them for other people. Once it catches on, you might have a small at home business you could work from out of any vented out of the way space!

By Melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

This is great. Several years back I posted a tip about putting several drops of glow-in-the-dark paint to light switch plates. You can't see the paint when the light is on, but in the dark it's easy to find the light switch! I also put drops of glow-in-the-dark paint all around my doorknobs so I could find them in the dark. It really helps!

This glow paint/strips is such a good idea, especially for us senior citizens. I have some glow tape on the steps in my house so I can see the steps better. Also when my little grandson stayed overnight with me quite often, I took the glow paint and wrote "I Love You" on the ceiling light cover. As you said, you cant see it in the daytime, but at night it glows. I just let him go to sleep letting him know that I love him. Barb

I have 2 sets of white christmas lights; one set that I hung on top of my living room curtains and the other set I have hanging on my kitchen cups that I don't use that are below some kitchen cabinets. They are great night lights and hubby likes to plug them in because we then don't have to use the big lights.

Melanie, this is a great hint. I did not know that this stuff even existed and I am going to get some next time I go shopping. Thanks so much for sharing about it. You should get the best hint for this one!

Susan in Omaha

Thank you so much for this tip! I am trying to find different sizes of the same lampshade to match my lamps and this will help! It's strange to find the same lamp in different sizes but not the same shade lol. This would be great for outside door handles to help us find a keyhole as well! Great idea!

This is such a great idea for us & the elderly that I went & bought some of this tape on-line, we should have 6 foot of the 3/8th inch tape before the month is out and I will be putting it on everything. Do you suppose it will stick to "the porcelin throne" SO there will be no more accidents on the bathroom floor in the morning? I am going to try it anyway and I bet it does stick too!

I can't thank you enough for this wonderful idea for myself & my husband, our grown children, the 7 grand children and our elderly parents.