Treating Cat with Ear Mites

My cat has mites in its ears. What can I do?

By Dorothy from SA

Please take your kitten to a vet. They have safe treatments.

I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years, please take your baby to the Vet. Your Vet will take a sample of the interior of the ear and put it on a slide and look for mites. Your Vet is the only person that can treat the mites. Over the counter medications do not work and are a waste of $$. Good Luck.

Dorty, please take your baby to the vet for an exam and the correct prescription. Ear mites can cause deafness and other health issues and is not something to mess around with by trying homemade or over the counter meds :-(

And using a clothing bluing agent that whitens clothing doesn't sound like a good thing to use on cats or dogs in my humble opinion :-o

I know that everyone is saying take your kitty to the vet and I do agree with that! It is the best and safest option if you have the means. However personally when my kitty had ear mites I used "Lambert Kay EAR-RITE MITICIDE" for cats and kittens. I got it @ Petco for about $8. I'm sure your local petstore has something similar. It worked great! My kitty hasnt had mites since! I used damp gauze to clean out my cats ears. Obviously never EVER use Q-tips. You can also check out some videos on youtube or on how to clean your cats ears. I found those very helpful. Hope that helps!

Treating Ear Mites
Treating Ear Mites
Pets CatsJune 6, 2010
Rendering of a dust mite on a white background.
Getting Rid of Dust Mites
A woman with swimmers ear.
Treating and Preventing Swimmers Ear
Vet treating dog's ear.
Treating a Dog's Ear Infection
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears