CatsPets

Treating Cats for Ear Mites

Category Cats

I have 2 cats that have been suffering from ear mites for quite sometime now, because the vet doesn't seem to know how to cure ear mites in a cat! So for all you that say, take the cat to the vet, I did already, twice, to 2 different doctors. Neither of them could kill the ear mites. My cats don't go outside, so there is no reason for them to have ear mites after getting them treated and paying around $200.00 each time for an office call, ear mite medicine, and then secondary infection medicine.

I feel very ripped off and then I call the vet and he wants me to bring both of my cats in before he will treat them for ear mites, even knowing that is what they have. I'm so mad that I spent all this money that I don't have to begin with only to be in the same situation months later!

Now I will have to start from square 1 again and try to get rid of them on my own. I shouldn't have to be doing this. I don't want to hurt my cats in any way by putting the wrong thing in their ears. I'm so frustrated from cleaning their ears with mineral oil, then my 1 cat cries while I'm massaging it into his ears and I feel so bad and hopeless! Any ideas? Please don't tell me to take them to another vet. How many vets does it take to get rid of ear mites? I've lost all faith in vets.

By Patricia w from Milwaukee, WI

I too have cats,and they have gotten ear mites, I use a few drops of lavender essential oil, a few drops of tea tree oil in a few drops of olive oil or mineral oil and this has worked on my dogs I have 5 and my cats I have 3! My husband was born and grew up in Milwaukee. Loves it still! I mentioned this to another response, sorry! These products are available at WalMart and almost all drugstores!

Our cat had ear mites, the vet said to use revolution it is a flea and tick liquid med that you use on them it also helps with a number of worms, keeps them from getting them. It seemed to help our cat you might give it a try. Hope this helps some.