Plant's Leaves are Turning Yellow

My plant is dying. I bought this plant in July and it was doing very well. Three months later (winter) its leaves started turning yellow and then drying out. I don't know it's name or how to treat it. I get no sunlight, so I provide it with artificial lighting. I began spraying it with water two weeks ago, but I see no change. Please help. The only plants that do well here so far are bamboo shoots.

Loyda from New York City

It looks like a plant I received last July, a Corn plant and on mine to the leaves were turning yellow. I posted questions and was told not to over water it, also it did not like chlorine water. It does not need direct light, good for office or indoors with out much light. Mine is looking a little better but did lose many leaves. Burn

It's a corn plant. Doesn't need much water. No sun needed either. Keep it in a shady place out of the sunny window if you have it in the house. Yellowing leaves on plants usually mean too much water. Brown leaves on plants usually means not enough water and the leaves dry out, turn brown and fall off. You can look up "corn plant" on the internet and find out how to care for it.

Seeing your photo it looks like the plant needs to be repotted into a larger pot with new soil and especially since it's obvious there is a large and elderly portion of this plant sharing the space of the smaller soil level leaves. It's simply in a very small pot just sitting inside a larger pot. The size of the existing larger pot would be perfect so just get enough new soil that will go up to the line you see inside that pot ... It's most likely root bound and crying for more room now in the small pot and needs new soil that has some fresh nutrients. When you repot be sure to gently spread the existing root in the ball out a bit so the roots can easily spread/grow and breathe. Make sure the new soil is very moist (not flooded) when you first repot. Potted plants should be repotted at least every other year.

Plants Leaves Turning Yellow
Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthJanuary 5, 2009
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Potted Plants
Leaves on Potted Plants Turning Yellow
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Cucumber Blooms
Cucumbers Turning Yellow