Removing Ink from Glossy Pictures

I just came back from China and took many pictures. Unfortunately, I wrote on the back with a permanent black pen and put each one on top of each other. Now the pictures are smeared with ink! How do I get the ink off glossy pictures?

Barbara from Poway

There is a product called Un-DO. It will remove the ink and will not harm the photos. You can get it at any craft store and I have also seen it at Lowes. There is another product by Un-Do that removes candle wax from anything. If you would happen to have pictures stuck to those old magnetic albums, Un-Do will remove them almost instantly. One more thing, if you have to remove a stamp from a envelope for whatever reason Un-Do will remove it and when the Un-Do evaporates the stamp will be sticky and just like new. Hope this helps

Removing Ink from a Photo
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousSeptember 5, 2006
Patent Leather Shoes
Cleaning Patent Leather Shoes
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Ballpoint Pen
Removing Pen Ink from Walls
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather