This chili is full of flavor without all of the fat. It is the perfect meal for a chilly day.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 70 Minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 15-1/2-ounce can canned red kidney beans, drained
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In large sauce pan, cook turkey and onions in margarine until turkey is browned and no longer pink in color, about 9 minutes. Drain; return turkey and onions to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients except the cheese to turkey mixture; bring to boil, stirring frequently. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked macaroni.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of cheese over each serving of chili.
Total fat: 26 grams
Saturated fat: 9 grams
Cholesterol: 104 milligrams
Sodium: 579 milligrams
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 21, 2017 at 8:20:51 PM on 10.0.2.72 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us