Turkey Chili Recipes
Using turkey in chili recipes can provide a low fat, healthy, and delicious alternative to beef. This page contains recipes for turkey chili
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I often make chili with ground turkey. However, we recently had some leftover sliced turkey from a wedding reception. I came up with this quick chili recipe when trying to think of some ways to use up some of the leftover deli sliced turkey.
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 3 cans beans (I used chili beans, seasoned black, and chipotle pinto), including liquid
- 4 cups deli turkey, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder (more if you like it spicier)
- Optional: cooked pasta
- Chop onion.
- Cook onions in oil until slightly translucent.
- Add other ingredients and stir.
- Bring to a high simmer.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Cook for 20 -25 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Serve either alone or over a bed of cooked spaghetti.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 - 25 Minutes
December 4, 20040 found this helpful
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups, cooked, shredded turkey
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cans chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups corn
- 2 cans white beans, mashed & drained
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese & sour cream for garnish
Sauté onion and garlic until clear and tender. Add in turkey, spices, and chiles and sauté until well mixed (2-3 minutes). Add chicken broth, corn, and beans to pan. Bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 1 hour. Mix with cilantro when serving. Top with Cheese & sour cream if desired. You can also serve with a side order of corn bread.
August 20, 20040 found this helpful
This chili is full of flavor without all of the fat. It is the perfect meal for a chilly day.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 70 Minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 15-1/2-ounce can canned red kidney beans, drained
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In large sauce pan, cook turkey and onions in margarine until turkey is browned and no longer pink in color, about 9 minutes. Drain; return turkey and onions to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients except the cheese to turkey mixture; bring to boil, stirring frequently. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked macaroni.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of cheese over each serving of chili.
Total fat: 26 grams
Saturated fat: 9 grams
Cholesterol: 104 milligrams
Sodium: 579 milligrams