Turkey Chili Recipes
February 18, 2020
This healthy turkey chili recipe is amazing and so easy to make. It takes about 40 minutes to make, including the prep and chopping everything up.
Prep Time: 15 Minute
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 1.2 lb ground turkey
- 4 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt/pink salt
- 28 oz diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 15 oz red kidney beans
- 15 oz black beans
- Place oil in a large pot or pan over medium/high. Add chopped onion, garlic, peppers, and jalapeno to cook.
- Once the onions are translucent (about 5 min) add in the ground turkey. Break up the meat until it is no longer pink.
- Add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt, then stir.
- Add in tomatoes, chicken broth, and beans.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for at least 20-30 minutes. You can do less time but this will give it more flavor. You can add more seasoning to your liking.
- Garnish! I like to add green onions, jalapenos, cilantro, sour cream or Greek yogurt, and cheese.
3 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 190 Posts
August 21, 2012
I often make chili with ground turkey. However, we recently had some leftover sliced turkey from a wedding reception. I came up with this quick chili recipe when trying to think of some ways to use up some of the leftover deli sliced turkey.
Sauté onion and garlic until clear and tender. Add in turkey, spices, and chiles and sauté until well mixed (2-3 minutes).Read More...
This chili is full of flavor without all of the fat. It is the perfect meal for a chilly day.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.