Recipe for BBQ Pork Sandwiches

Does anyone have a good recipe for BBQ pork sandwiches like they have at graduation parties or weddings? I would like it to have simple ingredients you already have in your pantry like ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, etc. Also which cut of pork should you use? Thank you for helping me.

Kathy from IL

Top Comment

I use pork butt. Place in crock pot with onion, salt and pepper. Cover in Coca Cola. Place lid on. Cook low temp for 8 hours. Remove from pot and shred. Easy to do with fork. I use purchased bbq sauce. We like honey flavored.

Top Comment

Hi, My husband loves for the meat to be really tender so his favorite recipe is to put pork roast, boston butt or bonless loin in a large crock pot, cover it with 6 tablespoons of dill pickle juice and cover it with Texas Pete hot sauce really well. You don't add any other salt, pepper or other seasonings. Cover with lid and cook all night on low. Next morning lift meat out of juice (there will be plenty), debone it and shred it up. Then you can add your sauce ( he uses Cattleman's golden).

Hope you enjoy.

Top Comment

My family loves this recipe so much I had to bring my crock pot with us on vacation (son-in-laws all requested it):

Put your pork in a crock pot and cover with ginger ale. Cook, when done, drain off the ginger ale, shred and put back in the crock pot with barbecue sauce. Just heat until it is the temperature you want.

One good recipe is to cook a roast (the variety of roast is not important) in your crock pot for the day. If you put it in at breakfast it will be ready for dinner. Add 2 cups water and 2 beef bullion cubes and 1 bottle bbq sauce. When it's finished, pull it out and separate meat from any bones or fat that may be present. When you have all the good meat in a bowl, shred it-it should be soft enough that even just stirring it around will shred it. Add a bit more bbq sauce for flavor. Serve on buns. I like to serve it with southern coleslaw (with the oil and vinegar dressing rather than the mayo one).

They are also called pulled pork sandwiches if you want to look more recipes up. We use a pork shoulder cooked in the crock pot (High till bubbling then low for 8 hrs) with some sliced onions and about 1/2 c water (it's a small crock pot).

Remove pork and drain off liquid, shred pork with two forks, return to crock pot and stir in barbeque sauce. You can thin with a little vinegar or italian dressing if too thick.

Homemade Barbeque sauce

1 c catsup

1/2 c mustard

1/2 c molassas

1/4 c worchestershire sauce

1 can of pineapple chunks--save 1/4 c juice, drain off the rest

stir all together and microwave till kind of shiny and thick.

Thank you all for sharing. I will try all the recipes!

Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
Food and Recipes Recipes SandwichesJanuary 16, 2008
Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Homemade Barbecue Sauce Recipes
BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipes
Barbecue Pork
Barbecue Pork Recipes
Serving bbq ribs to a large group.
Making BBQ for a Large Group
🎄