Paint Color Advice for Painting Countertops

I want to do something to my kitchen, it's small. I have light wood cabinets and medium wood floor. My countertops are light tan and I want to paint them, but I don't know what color to use. My living room is open to the kitchen and it has wood walls and floor. Right now I have burgundy panels up. My couch is dark tan. Please help me out.

By Shannon from Stockbridge, GA

Talk to someone at Home Depot or Lowes.

What about black? It goes with everything and is very dramatic. If you're ambitious, you might try to make it look like granite. That way you could add in a couple of other colors.

You have great background that is almost totally neutral, so I suggest going for some color!!! perhaps a deep red or Gold would help liven things up. Or,...you could take the other route and run with a blue green/ yellow green color scheme to really put it over the top! Be adventuresome and paint a good size section first as a sample, to see how you like the color. What kind of paint do you intend to use?

May 25, 2010 Flag

For the past week I've been reading posts on how to paint countertops. At this point I'm not sure what color to paint my countertops. My cabinets are white and kitchen wall is yellow. I was thinking of a beige/brown base color, but not sure what other colors I should mix in.

When you use glitter, do you put it in the paint or do you spread it on your last coat. Thanks so much for your help.

By tcher86

Answers:

How about adding a rust color as an accent? Not sure what you mean by glitter. Do you really want that, as I think it would be hard to go over it later. (07/28/2009)

By Allison5

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceMay 25, 2010
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
Granite Countertop
Choosing Granite Countertops
🎉
🎄