Problem with Featherbed

I just purchased a featherbed and I have a problem with the feathers coming out thru the material. not only is this getting messy, it is making it difficult to sleep on, as the stalks are poking me in the legs. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me?

Thanking you in advance,

Lori from CA

Target Sells a mattress pad that will completely cover the mattress it zips around it after you slide it in. It is designed to keep dust mites away from you etc. It will offer some assistance with the feathers. When purchasing a "feather bed" you get the whole feather and will always have this problem. Best to purchase "down" then the fluff is all you get. Much more expensive.

I would approach the store you bought it from. When I was small we always had feather pillows and a feather bed which never shed feathers as the covers were of very fine weave to prevent this. I recently bought 2 feather pillows in Woolworths, (in Australia) and within 2 weeks the feathers were prickling through the cover which was obviously inadequate for the job. I returned the pillows and got a full refund. If the bed cover is not able to keep the feathers inside it is not made of appropriate material and you should return it and get a refund.

Regards

Jo

I had the same problem. I found that an extra sheet over the featherbead, i.e. 2 bottom sheets did the trick.

My mother n law bought me and my husband 4 feather and down pillows for our bed. The feathers are coming out also.When we go to sleep at night they poke us and when i go to wash everything on my bed i take the pillows out of the cases and there are pillows everywhere so messy! I am gonna go and buy just down pillows.