Freezing Blended Fruit

My granddaughter and I love fruit. We really miss it in the winter time.I don't like fruit after it has been frozen so I tried experimenting with strawberries and found a delicious way to have them all year. I put fresh strawberries in a blender and liquefied them. I added Splenda to sweeten. I poured the mixture into one serving containers and froze them. I removed one from the freezer and microwaved it for 30 seconds. It softened it up enough to eat with a spoon. It was so delicious. I am going to do blueberries and peaches the same way. It is a healthy, economical way to have fresh fruit all year. I used Splenda in mine for fewer calories.

By Faye from Simpsonville, SC

That's a good idea. I make smoothies from fresh fruit and freeze them in individual servings. I make them super thick so that more liquid needs to be added when they are thawed out (like orange juice, etc.) It's nice to have smoothies all year.

I have done this for awhile now and i blend different fruits together. I then put them in ice cube trays and that equals to about 1/4 cup, when frozen take out and put into bags. Easy to grab a few as needed. Sometimes I will put the fruit in lemonade for berry lemonade. I have even added to breads, smoothies and such.

good

Frozen Cherries
Freezing Fruit
Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesJune 11, 2008
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Pear melting out of a block of ice.
Freezing Pears
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
Halved avocado on top of pile of avocados.
Freezing Avocados
🎄
🍂