Using Vinegar in the Laundry

I was told to add white vinegar to the rinse cycle of my wash, but will my laundry smell like vinegar once done?

By CJ Baca from Highland, CA

I've been using vinegar for my laundry for ages. It never smelled like vinegar afterward. :-)

No!

As a bicycle rider, I wash my clothing in cold water and generally add about 2 cups of vinegar to the final rinse. If there ever is a scent, it's only temporary [~5 -10 min.] but the plus-side is that the clothing is squeaky clean; no perfumes or odors to attract insects while out riding. Plus it helps retain the colors of my jersies.

Note: You don't have to buy a name brand of vinegar. Buy the cheapest kind you can find. I buy it in a large container. The smell of vinegar after the laundry is finished will be faint and goes away quickly. Vinegar softens towels really well and then they are much more absorbant. Also it disinfects them. Vinegar and baking soda are such wonderful household helpers and so cheap!

No odors! I discovered this trick on Thrifty Fun a couple of years ago. Been doing it ever since. Don't you just love this web site!

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 17, 2009
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
killing weeds
Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar
Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 6:15:47 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.