Easy No Sew Window Valance

I took a dust ruffle from a bed and cut it lengthwise first for the length of the window. I had 2 windows side by side. I left enough of the white part of the sheet to make into tabs because I don't sew. I made the white into 8 inch strips above the pretty ruffle then just tied it in a bow on the rod.

By Joyceann from Danvers, MA

You're a genius....the material is so nice, too.

How did you get the 'valance to stay on the rod? You said you used ribbon but I can't see it on the rod..

I have used this idea many times--if you have thrift stores or goodwill-salvation army stores in your area that is the place to shop for dust ruffles. They get almost no wear- and you can find some unbelievable fabrics. You can also use the fabric for throw pillows, how about a canopy for a bed? In my area most thrift stores sell these for $3-$6! I have found dust ruffles in everything from denim to silk. What a value!

What a neat idea and so pretty. I will definitely be doing this.

Great idea; looks good too!

Joyceann, Thanks for the great idea! And the picture, its so much easier to follow directions when you can see the picture! i love that you tied bows at the top, I will be shopping for dust ruffles next time i go to the city, can hardly wait to do something with my windows! Blessings, Natalie SK Canada

Window Valance
Making a Window Valance
Crafts Home DecorNovember 12, 2008
Singer Stitch Sew Quick
Singer Stitch Sew Quick Reviews
A sewing machine foot with pink thread sewing pink fabric.
Learning How to Sew
A mom teacher her daughter to sew.
Teaching a Child to Sew
Making a No-Sew Dog Throw
Making a No-Sew Dog Throw
🎉
🎄