Can I Freeze Stuffing?

I made 2 batches of Stuffing. One with apples, and one with mushrooms and onions. Can I freeze them? I was worried it would become watery. Of course, I could always add gravy.

Daphna from Alachua, Florida

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By mcw 80 1,754 01/04/2008

I freeze all my bread, so I can't see why you can't freeze stuffing.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Judi 18 939 01/05/2008

I freeze stuffing all the time. It's great to have stuffing in Feb. without having to start from scratch!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Faye. (Guest Post) 01/07/2008

I freeze my stuffing that has onions, celery, mushrooms, etc. It is really good thawed a bit in mirowave & then put in the bottom of your Slow Cooker, top with a raw Turkey Breast or Thigh, add a glaze of Apricot Jam mixed with Onion Soup Mix. It smells so good when cooking!! (You may want to add a bit of moisture to your stuffing to prevent it from drying out too much) Enjoy!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Daphna Ariel 14 16 01/07/2008

Thank you everyone for your comments.
Misson accomplished..stuffing is frozen.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By susan 8 1,368 01/09/2008

Whenever I fix a turkey during the holidays, I fix the largest I can find. After we eat our meal, I freeze the turkey and stuffing in meal-sized portions (I use a food saver) and freeze for quick meals. I pour the gravy in plastic containers from frosting, which are the perfect size. This have save us a lot of grief on those hectic nites.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By badwater 264 654 01/16/2008

You can freeze it in anything but aluminum pans. Otherwise you'll give yourself a quick trip to the hospital with food poisoning. My sister and her family learned that the hard way.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By QT (Guest Post) 10/03/2008

Why can't you freeze it in an aluminum pan?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No