Can I Freeze Stuffing?

I made 2 batches of Stuffing. One with apples, and one with mushrooms and onions. Can I freeze them? I was worried it would become watery. Of course, I could always add gravy.

Daphna from Alachua, Florida

I freeze all my bread, so I can't see why you can't freeze stuffing.

I freeze stuffing all the time. It's great to have stuffing in Feb. without having to start from scratch!

I freeze my stuffing that has onions, celery, mushrooms, etc. It is really good thawed a bit in mirowave & then put in the bottom of your Slow Cooker, top with a raw Turkey Breast or Thigh, add a glaze of Apricot Jam mixed with Onion Soup Mix. It smells so good when cooking!! (You may want to add a bit of moisture to your stuffing to prevent it from drying out too much) Enjoy!

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Misson accomplished..stuffing is frozen.

Whenever I fix a turkey during the holidays, I fix the largest I can find. After we eat our meal, I freeze the turkey and stuffing in meal-sized portions (I use a food saver) and freeze for quick meals. I pour the gravy in plastic containers from frosting, which are the perfect size. This have save us a lot of grief on those hectic nites.

You can freeze it in anything but aluminum pans. Otherwise you'll give yourself a quick trip to the hospital with food poisoning. My sister and her family learned that the hard way.

Why can't you freeze it in an aluminum pan?

Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceJanuary 4, 2008
Stove Top Stuffing
Recipes Using Stove Top Stuffing
Meat Stuffing
Mashed Potato and Ground Meat Stuffing Recipes
Delicious Stuffing
Tips for Making Delicious Stuffing
Thanksgiving Stuffing Being Made in a Large Saucepan
Stuffing Recipes