Painting Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

My kitchen cabinets are red cherry. What color should I paint my walls?

Best Answer

I like the idea of the aqua. Certain greens would work. It all depends on the proportions. With the tile and cabinet colors, the aqua or related blues or a green could work. You need a small amount of a strong color, deep cheery, dark brown, or an intense version of the wall color. Picture frames, picture mats, curtains, floor mats, etc. that add an accent.

Google red cherry cabinets to see what colors are shown with them; on the walls; I am sure you will want a lighter color to really compliment them! Be sure that it is a color that you love: as you will spend a lot of time in that area! MY recommendation when going to paint is what I myself do: go to various stores, or paint centers: get what "colors" appeal to you, personally. Then take them home, and spend time holding against the wall: near the cabinets, etc, to see what you are personally drawn to!

The reason to go to various stores is simple: not all stores have the colors and tints available! So you will have an excellent selection of varieties: just like "yellow" can be everything from the barest tint in it to a taxi cab yellow! So can most other colors! Good luck! I am doing this same thing in a bedroom, and no, I have not as yet made a "final" decision!

White or light colors with red in it would compliment the cherry cabinets.

It might sound boring ,but I like white with red it looks so clean. My cabinets I painted picaso blue and my walls are white. The wall across from my cabinets are coffee cream color to blend with the cream beige counter top. I believe it worked out well. Go with your gut feeling. I looked at tons of make overs and kitchen cabinets before taking the plunge and painting them blue. I love them and never tire of them. So glad I did it.

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceSeptember 28, 2010
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets