Ink Stain on Khaki Pants

Does anyone know of any good ideas on how to get black (pen) ink out of khaki pants? Thank you!

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Lee-Ann (Guest Post) 06/14/2004

You can scrub the stain with toothpaste.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Guest (Guest Post) 06/14/2004

Hairspray can remove ink stains.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Joanne (Guest Post) 06/15/2004

I don't remember what it's called but in the laundry detergent isle, look for very small yellow bottles with cleaners for different things such as gum, ink, oil etc. They only cost a couple of dollars but I swear by them.
Also, hairspray works well for ink.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Sue L. (Guest Post) 06/15/2004

If you will spray the ink with cheap hairspray and make sure to let it dry before washing, it should come right out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By travis (Guest Post) 09/14/2004

If you have a whole pen concentrated in one spot, like i did, it will run, so be careful!!!!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By (Guest Post) 05/19/2005

I've tried the ERA and hairspray. Any other ideas?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Robyn (Guest Post) 05/20/2006

DO NOT scrub the spot if you do the stain will spread! use hairspray!!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By dee (Guest Post) 09/17/2006

I had my husbands khakis let out in the seat and I cannot get the crease out where the seams were. They are "no wrinke" pants. Any ideas?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Melissa (Guest Post) 05/29/2007

What if I already washed my pants without realizing the ink is there, will hair spray still work or the toothpaste?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jessica (Guest Post) 09/20/2007

Wow, the hairspray trick is almost like magic. It basically disappears in areas where the ink is light, and with a little rubbing it disappears in the dark spots too! Thanks

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Pants Guy (Guest Post) 06/18/2008

I just had kakhis go through the wash with a blue "liquid gel" pen, ended up with stains everywhere. Rubbing alcohol helped but didn't remove the stains (and would have taken forever). Soap and hairspray had little or no effect.

However, washing the pants with 3/4 cup bleach got rid of almost all the stains! Note that this may not have worked if they had been through the dryer.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Pebbles (Guest Post) 06/19/2008

I am at work and just got a small line of purple ink on my brand new Khaki pants! I still have 7 hours of work! Will the stain set before I can get home and wash put hairspray on it?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Georganne (Guest Post) 11/12/2008

I washed my husbands tan khakis. He just bought them, and it's hard to get him to buy any new clothes. Well I washed them with my daughter's skirt that I thought had been washed enough times, but apparently not. I threw all the clothes in the dryer, when I was folding them I realized there is blue all over them. Is there any way to get this blue off?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No