Ink Stain on Khaki Pants

Does anyone know of any good ideas on how to get black (pen) ink out of khaki pants? Thank you!

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You can scrub the stain with toothpaste.

Hairspray can remove ink stains.

I don't remember what it's called but in the laundry detergent isle, look for very small yellow bottles with cleaners for different things such as gum, ink, oil etc. They only cost a couple of dollars but I swear by them.

Also, hairspray works well for ink.

If you will spray the ink with cheap hairspray and make sure to let it dry before washing, it should come right out.

If you have a whole pen concentrated in one spot, like i did, it will run, so be careful!!!!!

I've tried the ERA and hairspray. Any other ideas?

DO NOT scrub the spot if you do the stain will spread! use hairspray!!!

I had my husbands khakis let out in the seat and I cannot get the crease out where the seams were. They are "no wrinke" pants. Any ideas?

What if I already washed my pants without realizing the ink is there, will hair spray still work or the toothpaste?

Thanks.

Wow, the hairspray trick is almost like magic. It basically disappears in areas where the ink is light, and with a little rubbing it disappears in the dark spots too! Thanks

I just had kakhis go through the wash with a blue "liquid gel" pen, ended up with stains everywhere. Rubbing alcohol helped but didn't remove the stains (and would have taken forever). Soap and hairspray had little or no effect.

However, washing the pants with 3/4 cup bleach got rid of almost all the stains! Note that this may not have worked if they had been through the dryer.

I am at work and just got a small line of purple ink on my brand new Khaki pants! I still have 7 hours of work! Will the stain set before I can get home and wash put hairspray on it?

I washed my husbands tan khakis. He just bought them, and it's hard to get him to buy any new clothes. Well I washed them with my daughter's skirt that I thought had been washed enough times, but apparently not. I threw all the clothes in the dryer, when I was folding them I realized there is blue all over them. Is there any way to get this blue off?

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJune 14, 2004
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
A newspaper on a wood table.
Removing Newspaper Ink from Wood Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 12, 2016 at 1:19:28 AM on 10.0.1.236 in 262 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.