Store Tissues In Baby Wipe Container

If you like to carry a box of tissue in your car as I do, the box seems to always get messed up. I have found that if you use an empty baby wipe container (large one), you can put the tissues in the container and push the first tissue through the top. If they are the pop up tissues, then the next one will be ready for your use next time. Put a label on it saying tissues. Then you never have to worry about a tissue box falling apart and sending tissues everywhere.

By Lana from Show Low, AZ

I love it! I am going to share this with my sister who suffers greatly with allergies and always has her crushed box of tissues in the car. LOL.

Thanks for an awesome tip.

Really an excellent tip! Thanks.

Anonymous

This is a great idea and the tissue will remain more sanitary too!

Those Baby Wipe containers are wonderful. Keep another in your car with real wipes in it. Add a jigger or two (or more) of vinegar over the wipes. Not too much. Then store the container upside-down to keep the wipes moist. Guaranteed EZ clean-up when needed.

You must remember to add vinegar periodically, it will evaporate since the container isn't airtight. You'll soon learn how much and when to add so the wipes stay moistened. But vinegar is cheap.

Do you maintain the level of windshield washer fluid in your car? Check both at the same time. Don't know how well this would work in frigid MN winters. Add something else except vinegar, or add to the vinegar, if you wish, same thing but better maybe?

Sounds like a nifty idea! Do baby wipes now come in boxes that regular tissues would really fit into? They didn't thirty years ago when I was using them, LOL. I'm going to have to find some young parents to mooch empty boxes off of!

Hi, I am really glad you told us about this, I also live in AZ, but in the Valley, over by Queen Creek area. I have been taping the sides of store bought boxes with packing tape cause the AZ sun melts the glue on the boxes in the car and they open up , but this idea is terrific and much better. The fit is not perfect, but the tissues pop up like they are suppose to, I am very happy you told us this, thanks.

Brilliant! I actually have a container of wipes in the car because I was sick of the crushed tissue box, but I've been unhappy with the solution because it feels so yucky to wipe ones nose with a wet wipe! It never occurred to me that I could just put the tissues in the empty wipes container. I feel silly now :)

I'm amazed at some, if not most, of the ideas from my ThriftyFun friends. And this is a good one. Thanks Lana!